Carne Guisado - Colombian Stewed Beef
photo by CandyTX
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté flank steak until browned.
- Remove from the skillet and sauté chopped tomatoes, thinly sliced onions, minced garlic and cumin until veggies are tender.
- Add the flank steak, water, bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer on low until tender and meat pulls apart with a fork.
- Pull the steak apart into bite sized pieces.
- Allow the sauce to cook down to desired thickness for serving on rice, or add more water depending on how much it has cooked down.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
There is this wonderful breakfast taco stand down in South Austin that has carne guisado tacos. We moved WAY on the other side of town and haven't been able to find a recipe to match those tacos. This comes so close, it's not even funny. This was SO good. We, of course, used it as taco filling and added potatoes to the mix. Yum. Yum. Yum! Thank you so much for sharing!
This is a great recipe, I am an Irish girl married to a Colombian man, and I tried this recipe several times and it is always a hit with everyone.. It is fairly easy to make and goes a long way...I made this for an office party at my husbands company & at a new years eve party...both were a huge success. the taste is unbeleivable ..... Mix & Match
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy cooking, entertaining and eating well. I currently live in Southern France and am a stay at home mom. I enjoy meal planning and of course, party planning! there is almost always something yummy to eat around here. I hate sacrificing taste for less calories! i never ever ever use margarine. Everytime i use a recipezaar recipe I rate it and am trying to take pictures as well.