MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A Cape Verdean meat stew. Mandioca Portugeese for Cassava.
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 3 -4 lbs pork or 3 -4 lbs beef
- 4 -5 white potatoes
- 3 lbs cassava (mandioca root)
- 3 medium white yams
- 3 green bananas
- Trim off excess fat, season and marinate meat overnight with salt, garlic, vinegar, bay leaf, and pepper.
- Peel and cut up potatoes, yams, mandioca, and green bananas.
- In a pot, cook meat with marinade and 3 onions with 1/2 cup cooking oil on low heat until medium done.
- Add all vegetables to meat and cover with water. Cook on low until vegetables cook.
- Season with salt, garlic, bay leaf, paprika, and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION