Carne De Cerdo Y Chile Verde
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
4 Adult Servings
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 lbs lean pork (cut in 1 inch cubes or smaller)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 9 -10 fresh tomatillos, sliced in 1/8 slices (medium or large)
- 3 jalapeno peppers (fresh and diced with seeds in it)
- 2 serrano peppers (fresh and diced with seeds in it)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup of finely chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet or stew type pot with lid, Heat oil/fat on medium heat till hot. Add cubed pork meat. Sprinkle in seasonings, except salt, (save the salt for when the dish is completely done). sear pork in pan till carmel brown on all sides. Then add the Peppers, Onions, tomitillos, and a little water to help cook it all down. Cook covered on medium to low heat until meat is tender. Add water as needed till all the items in the dish cook down to a fine green sauce and the meat is tender. Then cook the sauce uncovered till it is somewhat thickened. This takes about 45 minutes to an hour. Serve with Tortillas, & beans. To make this dish after a hard day of work, I found it easier to cut up the Tomitillos, Onions and Peppers , Cilantro and put in a zip lock back ahead of time and freeze. I do the same by cubing the pork in advance and freezing it. NOTE: This dish is on the HOT side, to make in milder, you can delete or substitute the serano peppers with jalapenos.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!