MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Very old recipe from Libbie Wostrel via Ruth Moeller; she says it is like Cracker Jack; has burnt sugar flavoring.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon burnt sugar flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 cups popcorn, popped
- 1 cup peanuts
- In a sauce pan add brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt, and flavorings.
- Boil 5 minutes; stir so it doesn't burn.
- Take off heat and add baking soda.
- Pour over 5 cups popped corn; she adds 12 cups is what recipe says.
- Peanuts may be added but you could substitute other nuts if you wanted to.
- Put on a cookie sheet or two 9x12 pans.
- Bake; stir at least 2 times in 250 degree Fahrenheit oven for 1 hour.
- After cooling can be stored in airtight containers.
- Sticky while hot but dry when cooled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION