Carmalized Cane Syrup Sweet Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, coursely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup cane syrup (such as Steen's)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes crosswise into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweet potatoes with oil and 1/2 tsp salt, toss to coat well.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer, if possible in a 18"x12" jelly roll pan.
- Roast 30 minutes or until they begin to carmelize.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine chopped pecans, brown sugar, cane syrup and butter.
- Transfer potatoes to a 2-3 quart casserole dish.
- Pour pecan mixture over potatoes and with a spatula, toss gently, to coat well.
- Bake 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!