Caribbean Smuggler's Haitian Bungle Rum Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Sounds yummy! Recipe comes from recipegoldmine.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dark meyer's rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat overn to 325.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine milk, rum and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Fold in pecans. Next, pour batter into a greased and floured 13 cup Bundt pan and bake for one hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove cake from pan and let cool completely on wire rack. May drizzle with over lightly with a confectioner's sugar icing, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION