Caribbean Honey-Spiced Amberjack With Mango Salsa
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 12 (4 -5 ounce) amberjack fillets
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5⁄8 cup honey
- 5⁄8 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 ripe mangoes, 3 peeled and diced, 1 sliced for decoration
- 5 teaspoons freshly grated lime peel
- 3 ripe kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced for decoration
- 3 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 5 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 5 teaspoons paprika
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground allspice
- In a small bowl, combine honey, lime juice and lime peel; whisk until well blended.
- Remove 1/2 cup of mixture and place in a food processor container; set aside. Add mango to honey-lime mixture remaining in bowl; toss to coat. Store in refrigerator.
- Add onion, jalapeño peppers, paprika, the oil, garlic salt, cinnamon, pepper and allspice to honey-lime mixture in food processor container. Process until very finely chopped, scraping down sides when necessary. Spread mixture evenly over both sides of Amberjack.
- Arrange amberjack on grill with Mesquite Charcoal. Grill until cooked through, basting with blender mixture.
- Remove amberjack to serving platter and top with reserved diced mango and decorate with sliced fruit. Serve with plain rice or Calypso Rice (also submitted).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Architect Enjoy cooking, golf Compiled and wrote a collection of recipes for friends and family called The Bachelor Architect's Cookbook with the recipes following the format and organization of Constructuion Specifications.