Caribbean Grilled Pork and Onions
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice (should be a third cup, not half cup)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- In a bowl combine 1/3 cup lime juice, oil, garlic, salt, coriander and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- Arrange onions in a large, shallow dish. Arrange pork chops over onion slices. Pour lime marinade over chops and onions. Cover and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning often.
- Meanwhile, heat grill. Place pork chops and onions on heated grill, discarding marinade. Grill for approximately 15 minutes or until done, turning once.
Join The Conversation
This was very good and super easy and quick. The onions turned out delicious. I followed the directions exactly. I thought the pork had good flavor, but was maybe a little bland. Next time I will make a second portion of the marinade and use it to make a glaze to drizzle on after cooking. I might also add a little more coriander and cayenne. Thanks for sharing!
Made this recipe as given, although I did cut it in half for the 2 of us! Outstandingly flavorful chops, these, & I look forward to having them & increasing the recipe when we have a neighborhood grilling bash in a couple of weeks! They should be a huge hit! Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This site used to be awesome. It was at the top of its game when it was called Recipezaar, but that was many years ago. The site was purchased by Scripps and belly-flopped into mediocrity. A few of the faithful members remained, hoping to wait out the storm of corporate nonsense. But alas, it never got better and just continued on its terminal path to nothingness. So most of the loyal members have vanished and made homes at better recipe sites.