photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 3 cups corn
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- Coat large skillet with non-stick spray.
- Add corn and garlic, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Combine pineapple juice and next 5 ingredients.
- Add to corn, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add onions and cook for 5 more minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this just as follows, but found it to be bit bland when I tasted it as it was cooking. I ended up adding another 2 tbsp or so of pineapple juice and a sprinkling of jerk spice and it tasted just right. This was delicious with jerk chicken-the corn was slightly sweet but definitely had a Caribbean flavor with it. Thank you for a healthy, tasty side.
see 5 more reviews