Boljol is a spicy salsa like condiment commonly found in the Caribbean, and is said to mean "hot mouth." Served on fries, bakes, toast, rolls, or even crackers.
- Ready In:
- 1 large avocado
- 3 -4 tomatoes
- 1 red onions or 1 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 hot peppers
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice or 1/2 teaspoon fruit fresh, powder
- Finely chop the onion. Place in a colander or strainer and rinse under ice cold water.
- Skin and finely chop 3-4 tomatoes and mix with finely choped onion, garlic, and hot peppers.
- Peel the avocado, cut into cubes and sprinkle with fruit fresh or lemon juice. Add it to the mixture, along with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in the extra virgin olive oil, and allow the buljol to sit for a while for the flavours to meld.
- Serve with bakes, fries, toast, rolls, or crackers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION