Cardamom Honey Chicken Recipe
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn, ground
- 6 chicken breasts or 1 whole chicken, cut into parts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- If a recipe calls for ground cardamom, it is best to start with whole pods. Break open the pods to release the tiny brown and black cardamom seeds. Use a spice grinder or mortar and pestle to grind the seeds.
- Preheat oven to 390°F Warm the honey, stir in the sherry, cardamom and peppercorns. Place marinade and chicken in a large bowl, coat chicken with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan at medium high heat. Sear the chicken, skin side down, until golden.
- Place lemon slices in a roasting pan. Lay the chicken pieces on top. Brush with the marinade. Season generously with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake until done, approximately 15 minutes for breasts, 20 minutes for thighs, wings, and drumsticks. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Pour out drippings from the pan into a gravy boat for gravy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<a href="http://photobucket.com/images/food" target="_blank"><img src="http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg197/JoAmiga/drinks-%20food/spancake.gif" border="0" alt="15 Pictures, Images and Photos"/></a>hello I'm a mom and wife I love making food that is from scratch not that garbage that comes in boxes it is so much more healthy to make by hand my dh marc is a truck driver so he is only home on the weekend and loves the home cooked meals that I serve. I try an make his favorites I get alot of ideas for sandwich spreads and munchies that he can take along with him when he is away. My girls think mom is such a good cook. recipezaar deserves all the credit their is such a wide selections of foods to try that we really enjoy trying <a href="http://photobucket.com/images/food" target="_blank"><img src="http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn32/Gummy_Bubbles/bg/food.png" border="0" alt="food line Pictures, Images and Photos"/></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"><img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> <img src ="http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u208/diner_photos/lazymecookathon.jpg">