Cardamom, Coriander, Fennel Tea With Peppermint Oil
I modified this recipe to suite my needs and was thrilled that I could find something to help calm the stomach down. This would be perfect for the person who has problems with stomach cramping or that person who slightly indulged in that spicy meal!!!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1 drop peppermint oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon tea leaves (optional)
- Warm the teapot by rinsing it out with hot tap water. Place all the seeds in the warmed pot and cover with the boiling water.
- Steep for 5 minutes and allow to brew to cool. Strain and add maple syrup, if desired.
- Note: I have found the peppermint oil is very soothing on the stomach and leaves your breath nice and fresh. One drop of oil is sufficient -- two is overpowering!. It is important to use a brand of essential oil that can be ingested.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Absolutely lovely tea which I prefer warm. It is smooth and soothing and though I don't have any stomach cramps you do not have to, to enjoy it. Following Karen Elizabeth's review I used a blend of organic rooibos honey bush tea one time and another time I didn't use any tea leaves and it was wonderful that way as well, very calming. I have never added any maple syrup or other sweetener. I use spring water and have not tried it with peppermint oil. I would make this again either way I have before or if I can get my hands on peppermint oil I may just try it with that as well.
I love spicy teas, and this is no disappointment. I used rooibos tea, didn't use the maple syrup because I don't like sweet tea, and didn't use the peppermint oil because I couldn't find it in the shops! I'll keep a look out though and would certainly try this another time, since I enjoy peppermint tea and think the combination would be super. Easily prepared, soothing, I very much enjoyed this tea. Thank you, Abby! Made for My 3 Chefs