Cardamom Cookies Recipe - India
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - India. This recipe was found on Indian Food Forever. I love cardamom cookies and this recipe sounds pretty wonderful to me. I hope that you will also enjoy this treat. I'm sorry I have no idea how many cookies this recipe will make.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 cups sugar, white
- 2 teaspoons cardamom, ground (Elaichi)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour, white (Maida)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees f.
- In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar and ground cardomom for 3 minutes.
- Then with the beater going add the eggs one at a time.
- When the mixture is light and fluffy , add the flour and salt by hand, being gentle with the dough.
- When the soft dough is ready, drop the batter using a spoon onto a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Place them 1/2" apart.
- Bake these cookies in a preheated oven at 325 F for 10 - 11 minutes or till the cookies have a golden color.
- Repeat the baking procedure for the remaining dough.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
it seemed to me the ratio of butter to sugar was inadequate -but I trusted the recipe. I read the comment about them spreading out so chilled the dough in the freezer 15 minutes and spooned the dough 2" apart. Aggh a mess, couldnt scrape it off my non stick aluminum air cookie sheets. Tried adding 1.5 teaspoons baking powder to the remaining dough - achieved an improvement in shape but still impossible to scrape off the cookie sheets. waste of time and ingredients. Tasty crumbs but so sugar dominant, overruled the cardamom.Reply
This is a very easy and quick recipe to mix up. Mine took 15 mins to bake and they, very nicely, cured the cookie craving that I have had for a couple of days. They have a lovely flavor that I much enjoyed with a cuppa Earl Gray tea after lunch. I'm thinking that a pinch of nutmeg might not go amiss in here but they really don't need anything more. I made one change in swapping Splenda for the sugar. Thanks for another lovely treat BK. :D1Reply