Cardamom Cheesecake Bars
Two favorite flavors--cardamom & cheesecake---what's not to love? A batch of these would make a nice Mother's Day gift, tied with a satin ribbon (and don't forget the card). From the newspaper, adapted from McCormick & Co.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup quick oats
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press firmly into a foil-lined 9-inch square pan.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, cardamom and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Pour over the crust.
- For the streusel topping:.
- Mix flour, oats and brown sugar in a small bowl. Stir in cardamom. With two knives or a pastry blender, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Stir in sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle Streusel Topping over cheesecake mixture. Bake 45 minutes, or until center is almost set and topping is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Cut into bars. Store leftover bars in the refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION