Don't know how old this recipe is. Another one that floated around my sister's office. Haven't tried it yet. Let me know how it worked for you.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- confectioners' sugar
- Sift flour with spices, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream the butter; gradually add the sugar and continue to cream umtil light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream, blending well.
- Spoon into a greased 3-qt Bundt pan and bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour or until done.
- Cool pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn cake out of pan and cool completely.
- Before serving, sprinkle with sifted confectioner's sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a delicious, exotic spice cake! I love cardamom so I knew this would be good! The spice combo turns out like chai tea flavor. The confectioner's sugar on top sweetens it just right. I halved the recipe because I don't have a bundt pan so I put the batter in a 2 qt, greased non-stick cake pan and it turned out great! Thanks for this delicious recipe!!1Reply
see 1 more