Caramelized Sweet Potatoes with Coconut
photo by Artandkitchen
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Boil 30 minutes potatoes or until tender.
- Let cool and then peel and cut into 1-inch thick slices.
- Place butter in a large saucepan or skillet and melt.
- Stir in sugar and water and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Lower heat and add potatoes.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, tossing lightly to coat.
- Sprinkle with coconut before serving.
- Note: I reduced the amount of butter and sugar. Original quantities: 1/2 cup of butter and 1 cup brown sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I found that I was running a little late with dinner preparation and did not precook the potatoes. They were peeled and cubed and then cooked in the brown sugar sauce. I used unsweetened coconut that was lightly toasted. These were a very nice compliment to ham and steamed broccoli. Made for Aussie Swap.
This was a very tasty dish awalde. The sweet potatoes just melted in our mouths, beautiful texture and very sweet. Next time I make this and I will make it again, I will use less brown sugar (personal preference only) Very tropical tasting, comforting and satisfying. Thanks so much for sharing, made for the Witchin Kitchen - ZWT7
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a wife, mother, beekeeper, food addicted and lover of nature as well as travels. Travelling I discovered the pleasures for the food, his colors, taste and spices. Now I?m really devoted to food photography and I love experimenting with new recipes to share them with my family and the world. My main inspirations: Italy: my roots Switzerland: homeland Greece: adopted homeland Travelling: spices and dreams Herbs and Bees: education in biology Colors and shapes: love eat with eyes as well