Caramelized Red Onion Relish
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Preserving Made Easy – Small Batches and Simple Techniques Makes 2 cups
- Ready In:
- 2 large red onions, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Slice onions into very thin slices. Combine onions and sugar in skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium high heat for 25 minutes or until onions turn golden and start to caramelize, stirring frequently.
- Stir in wine and vinegar. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into jars and process for 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION