photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups
- 4 cups sweet onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook onion in hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with sugar, and cook 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and the rest of the ingredients, and cook 2 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful! I used just a tablespoon of butter. And we have a specialty store nearby that sells flavored balsamic vinegars, so I used the cherry one. My hubby doesn't like onions, but when I added some of these to the spaghetti sauce he asked what was different and then declared it the best sauce he's ever had. Thanks so much for sharing!
I doubled the recipe so as to put some in the freezer, but we enjoyed some just cooked on a BLT sandwich made with crusty ciabatta. The balsamic vinegar and lemon juice are great together and I loved the blend of flavours with the sweet onions. Thank you for sharing this super recipe! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"