Caramelized Onion Relish
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Melt butter in a large pot and add the onions and sugar.
- Cook, uncovered,over medium high heat for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally - the onions will be beginning to caramelize.
- Stir in the garlic, wine, cognac and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add salt and pepper, then spoon into jars and process in a waterbath for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"