Caramelized Onion and Egg Salad
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon oil-cured black olive, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium low heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 30 minutes.
- Peel, then mash the eggs with a potato masher or fork.
- Add onions, mayonnaise, and mustard, and mix well.
- Stir in the olives, season with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Behold, the worst picture of me ever taken, I think. I'm in distress over the paint color that you see behind me, and am suffering from brain scramble after looking at too many potential paint colors over a very short amount of time. However, it's one of those "me, now" pics that amuse me, so I figured I'd share. Onward... Hi there! Self description always throws me, but I'll try: I'm a hyper, writing, Yoga-practicing, fashion-loving, almost-constantly-reading, very Type A, highly domestic ovo-lacto vegetarian who is obsessed with Nutella and has a very personable German Shepherd/Husky mix named Totsi. I think that just about covers it. Sometimes, everyone needs a little Totsi, so here she "bee": <a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/gokittengo/almostdone.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a>