Caramel Swirl Chocolate Ice Cream Dessert
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Kathleen Flinn's cookbook, "Kitchen Counter Cooking School".
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold whipping cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup caramel sauce (try sea salt caramel sauce)
- rum (to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate, chopped fine
- Combine whipping cream, condensed milk and vanilla in a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer. Whip together until medium peaks form. Add in the chopped chocolate and gently fold it in until evenly distributed.
- You can use your favorite caramel recipe or store-bought caramel. If using rum, pour it into the caramel and mix together until fully combined.
- Add half of your ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container. Drizzle half of the caramel over top and using a knife, swirl it through the ice cream. Pour the other half of the ice cream mixture over top and drizzle the remaining caramel over top. Again, use a knife to swirl it through the ice cream.
- Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours until firm. Remove from the freezer for about 10 minutes so that it softens enough to scoop.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION