Caramel Self-Saucing Pudding
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened (80g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons plain all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- To make the pudding, beat the sugar, butter and vanilla in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and milk and beat until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a square oven proof dish and place on a baking tray.
- To make the sauce, whisk together the water, brown sugar, molasses, maple syrup and flour until combined.
- Spoon the sauce over the pudding batter and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation