Simple and Easy to make!! Delicious with ice-cream!!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Mix sugar with flour in saucepan; blend well.
- Add water and salt.
- Stir while cooking for 6 to 8 minutes.
- If too thick add a little more water.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter, cream and vanilla to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
On 6/14/07 I made Recipe#201105 and I didn't have any ice cream topping.So,remembering seeing the photo of this recipe,I decided to try it.And OMGoodness !!!! I'm so glad I did.:)As I was stirring this, I realized it was going to be way too thin. I added a little bit of cornstarch with some water, mixed it in with the caramel sauce and it worked just fine.Didn't havethe cream ,so I used the same amount of milk.The taste was of the sauce was just so rich and creamy. This is so much better than store bought.Thank you so much for posting,This is going to be made again."Keep Smiling :)"