Caramel Pecan Bonbons
- Ready In:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
You will also need
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted whole pecans
- waffle cookie, or cookies of your choosing
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate
- candy, thermometer
- Chop 3/4 of the pecans and toast in a 400 degree F oven for 6 minutes. Line a 9x9 tray in parchment paper. Place a layer of store-bought waffle cookies on the bottom and sprinkle toasted pecans over this evenly.
- In a heavy large pot combine everything except the vanilla, stir. Bring to a boil and continue to cook stirring occasionally. Using a candy thermometer, remove from heat when the thermometer registers 330 degrees F. Quickly add vanilla, stir and pour over pecans and cookies in your prepared tray.
- Allow to cool and set (about an hour and a half) before cutting into desired shapes.
- Melt chocolate and dip each piece, coating only the bottom and sides, leaving the top exposed. Adorn each piece with a whole toasted pecan, using a dap of chocolate as 'glue.'.