Caramel-Nut Breakfast Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
What a way to start a Sunday morning! Yummy caramel and nutty cake!
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup (or golden syrup)
- 1 tablespoon water (or a little more)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Measure out 1 cup dry cake mix and set aside.
- Combine remaining cake mix, flour, oil, water and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat 2 minutes at med speed.
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch pan.
- For topping, combine reserved cake mix, brown sugar and nuts in a small bowl.
- Add butter and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle on top of batter in the pan.
- Cut through batter with a knife to create a marble effect.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar, water and corn syrup together for glaze.
- (Mix over a low heat if using golden syrup).
- Drizzle glaze over cake.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Cake, it's not just for dessert anymore! What a way to start the day! Scrumptious cake! I had one box of white cake mix left (that's what happens when you live in the Third World, not enough cake mix), and I was happy, ecstatic, to sacrifice it for this recipe. The nuts and the brown sugar really make this special! Now, if anyone can get me some more Duncan Heines white cake mix, I will certainly make this again and again!1Reply