Caramel Flan (For Just a Few)
photo by lalatina15
- Ready In:
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan heat up sugar until melted. Sugar will brown quickly. Do not burn!
- Boil water for water bath.
- Move melted sugar to small mold quickly, it will harden. (I used a 6 inch Danish cookie tin for this). Let cool.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender (I used a Magic Bullet).
- Place mold in larger pan and pour in custard filling. Pour water you've boiled into larger pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn up to 400 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 3 hours and place in refrigerator for another 3 hours.
- Loosen with knife, invert onto plate, and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!