Caramel Crunch Popcorn
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Delicious holiday mixture, perfect for gift giving...if you can stop eating it long enough to give! Recipe came from Good Housekeeping website.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 20 cups microwave popcorn, popped, I use no butter, no salt variety-2 bags (2.9 to 3 ounces each)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar dry roasted salted peanuts (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- •Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Lightly grease two cookie sheets or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place popped corn in VERY large bowl; discard any unpopped kernels. Add peanuts; toss to combine. Set aside.
- •In 3-quart saucepan, heat butter, sugars, and corn syrup on medium until butter melts and sugars dissolve, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently with metal spoon or heat-safe spatula. Increase heat to medium-high and heat to boiling, about 3 minutes; boil 3 minutes longer. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in baking soda (mixture will bubble vigorously), and pour over popcorn mixture in bowl. Stir immediately; continue stirring until all popcorn is evenly coated.
- •Divide popcorn mixture between prepared cookie sheets; spread evenly. Place pans on 2 oven racks. Bake popcorn mixture 45 minutes, rotating pans between upper and lower racks halfway through baking and stirring occasionally.
- •Cool popcorn mixture completely in pans on wire racks, about 1 hour. Break apart any large clusters of popcorn when cool. Store in tightly sealed containers at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION