Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
photo by csbndc
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 5⁄8 cup whipping cream (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in whipping cream and vanilla; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, transfervto mixing bowl, and let cool 1 hour or more.
- When bowl is cool to touch, add cream cheese. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until creamy and spreading consistency.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!