photo by Clever Cooking
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 cup popcorn, popped (coconut oil is great to use for popping)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pop popcorn and set aside in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan. Add brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add soda and vanilla.
- While still hot, work quickly to stir over popcorn. Spread the caramel covered popcorn over two large greased baking pans (9x13 works well.).
- Bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on waxed paper. Watch the video here: https://youtu.be/FOQmuCynL28.
- *Tip: You’ll notice that the ingredient amounts can easily be divided in half, but trust me, you’re going to want to make the whole recipe. This recipe size makes it sharable, and it’s great for nurturing friendships.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!