My neighbour has a star fruit tree so I get given some every year. Carambolas have a very refreshing taste and make great juice.
- Ready In:
- Remove any green bits off the star fruit.
- Roughly chop.
- Add star fruit, lime juice and water into blender and liquidise.
- Add sugar if wanted and quickly blend again to mix.
- Some people prefer this strained.
- I personally like the fruit in my juice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have a young star fruit tree so I only have about 10 fruits out there now. A good friend gave me 2 bags of star fruit so I am testing every recipe I can. What surprised me about this one is that blending it seemed to open up more flavor than when I just slice it and eat it. I used about 1/2 cup ice and 1/2 cup water....so a little less than the recipe. Since I have a blender on steroids (Blendtec) I just trimmed the ends and ribs and threw it in the blender whole.1Reply