Carambola Iced Tea
- Ready In:
- 1 carambola, sliced crossways into 5mm slices (star fruit)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 18 g ceylon orange pekoe tea leaves (Twinings brand)
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 3⁄4 liters boiling water
- Place carambola slices on a baking tray and drizzle with half the lemon juice. Cover with cold water and place in the freezer for 6 hours or until frozen.
- Combine tea leaves, mint and sugar in a large heatproof bowl and pour over the boiling water. Set aside for 15 minutes to brew.
- Strain tea through a fine sieve into a large jug and add remaining lemon juice. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Pour tea into tall glasses.
- Remove carambola ice from the freezer and break into pieces, with one carambola slice in each piece. Place a few pieces in each glass and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Keilor Downs, Victoria in Australia. I am a receptionist in Melbourne. My favorite cook books are anything Weight Watchers or Simply 2 good 2 be true also any muffin or scone cook books. I love cooking easy stuff but I love a challange ocasionaly on the weekends when i have a bit more time. My pet peeve is how much capsicum/bell peppers are in recipes now as i am elergic to them.