Cara Cara Orange Glazed Scones
photo by chef staci
- Ready In:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- Whisk dry ingredients together and place in the bowl of a food processor.
- Running on lowest setting, slowly add oil, water and vanilla until combined and dough has formed.
- Lightly flour surface and pour out dough, gently kneading 1-2 minutes.
- Roll dough out to your desired thickness and cut with biscuit cutters.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on size) until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and dip or drizzle with orange glaze while warm.
- For orange glaze: whisk 2 cups of powdered sugar with the zest and juice of one small orange (about 3 tablespoons) and a dash of vanilla to your desired consistency.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Chef by day, Mom to a princess. I love finding, creating and sharing new ways to love food.