Captain's Chocolate Pie
- Ready In:
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon or 3 tablespoons rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or chunks)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On a lightly floured surface,unroll pie crust.
- Roll pastry into a 12 inch circle.
- Press pie crust into a 9 inch pie plate,crimping edges,if desired.
- In a large bowl,combine sugars and eggs;beating well.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Add flour,stirring until combined.
- Stir in bourbon,vanilla,chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting.(I think this time should actually be alot longer than 30 minutes.I let mine cool for 30 minutes then put it in the fridge overnight).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in St.John's Newfoundland Canada.I don't have a favorite cookbook as such but I have put together quite a collection of recipes that have interested me over the years.