Captain D's Batter-Dipped Fish
photo by Kyra L.
- Ready In:
- In a bowl mix the yeast and beer.
- In another bowl beat together the egg, hot water and salt. (and peppers if used).
- Add the egg mixture to the beer.
- Slowly beat in the flour until batter is consistency of light pancake batter.
- Roll or dust fish with flour (I've seen some pat the fish after applying flour, similar to the motion of making a burger patty).
- Drop fish into batter and cover thoroughly.
- Fry in hot oil.
- Drain on baking rack or broiling pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!