Caprese Tuna Melts
- Ready In:
- 2 slices focaccia bread
- 2 (113 g) envelopes clover leaf yellowfin tuna steaks (Lemon & Pepper)
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cut the focaccia sices to fit a tuna steak. Then slice in half across the thickness and place onto a baking sheet.
- Place a layer of tuna across the inside of the focaccia slices followed by a layer of the sliced tomato and then torn basil leaves.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella and place under broiler until melted.
- Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.