Caprese Portabella Mushrooms
Nice quick fresh summer recipe for the portabella lover.
- Ready In:
- 4 portabella mushrooms, with stems removed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 cup tomatoes, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, ribboned
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- Lightly brush mushroom caps with olive oil and using a fork slightly puncture the underside to allow for greater absorption.
- Mix tomatoes and basil and add a dash of balsamic vinegar to the mixture. Apply mixture evenly to all mushrooms.
- Cover each mushroom with cheese and place on the grill on med-low heat. Cook until all cheese is melted and let rest for five minutes before eating.
- Can also be prepared in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation