Caprese Orzo Salad
photo by Cheycandle
- Ready In:
- 6 cups orzo pasta (cooked, drained and cooled)
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, perline (pearls)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Place first 5 ingredients(save the 1 Tbsp of Parmesan Cheese) in a bowl and mix gently. In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil and vinager. Pour over the salad and mix once more gently. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer salad to serving bowl, sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and more pepper.
- If not serving immediately, salad should be kept refrigerated and extra dressing should be added just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!