Caprese Mini Sandwiches
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a Pampered Chef recipe, and absolutely delicious. Not too much work, either.
- Ready In:
- 4 pita bread rounds (without pockets)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 large plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, fresh, lightly packed
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 4 cups baby greens or 4 cups spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Drizzle olive oil over pita rounds, and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Cover with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Prepare pesto sauce VERY finely chop the basil leaves and the walnuts.
- Combine with garlic and salt.
- When rounds are ready, turn them over, so that the cheese side is down, drizzle the back with dressing, spread evenly.
- Cut the rounds into six wedges, total 24 wedges.
- On 12 of the wedges, place some greens, 1 slice of Mozzarella cheese, pesto, and one slice of tomato. Top with undressed wedges, cheese side up.
- Secure with sandwich picks if necessary, which it probably will be!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Kayne, Very nice flavors in these little morsels. I love the fresh taste of pesto on anything. I used pecans, since we grow them, and my own vinaigrette we regularly have on hand. Very nice! I had some for lunch and then served some again last night as hors d'oeurves for an impromtu dinner party. This is really great as an appetizer, skip the greens and serve as a build your own pita with feta, and chopped Kalamata olives.Reply