Caprese Mac & Cheese
photo by Alana Kysar Fix Fe
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb ripe plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) boxes of your favorite mac and cheese
- In a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, salt, red pepper and black pepper; add tomatoes and mozzarella and toss until well coated; let mixture marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta per package directions; drain; place in a large bowl and add the tomato mixture; toss until well combined, allowing the cheese to melt slightly.
- Serve warm.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food Editor at Genius Kitchen and lover of all things spicy and baked.