Caprese Brie on the Grill
photo by Leggy Peggy
- Ready In:
1 large brie round
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 19 5⁄8 ounces brie cheese, round
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- In large bowl, combine cherry tomatoes and garlic , then toss with olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Place brie in cast Iron skillet then top with tomato mixture.
- Place on hot grill and cook until brie is melted, about 20 minutes. (Just because it isn't oozing, doesn't mean it's not hot and ready, to test just poke sides with a knife to see if cheese is melty inside).
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with basil.
- Serve warm with baguette slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh my, we’re weak at the knees. This brie dish is absolutely sensational. I made one-third of a batch with 180 grams (6 ounces) of brie. I used slightly more than 1/2 cup of tomatoes to make everything look more balanced and followed the rest of the recipe. Because it was a smallish piece of cheese, it was oozing within 13 minutes, which is great if you are in a hurry. I served it from the cast iron pan. Three of us ate this as an appetiser and also spooned over baked potatoes.
LOVE this a whole lot! I followed the recipe as noted, but added basil as one of the pics show and glad I did because it was perfect! Taking a picture didn't stand a chance, as my family devoured it in no time! For the cold months, I'm going to try this in the oven for parties and for whenever. A true keeper. Thank you Bonnie for sharing. Made it for FYC.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"