These are impressive, but almost embarrassingly easy, Think of them as a little appetizer sized Caprese Salad. It makes a huge difference in this recipe if you use good cheese, oil, and vinegar. Adjust the oil and vinegar to your taste, measurements are not exact.
- Ready In:
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Cut the stem ends off the tomatoes, and hollow them out with a small spoon.
- Cut mozzarella into small cubes.
- Wrap each cube of cheese in a leaf of basil, and stuff into a tomato.
- Drizzle tomatoes with oil and vinegar, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Try not to eat the whole tray before guests arrive.