Capital Punishment Chili
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons msg (monosodium glutamate)
- 9 tablespoons chili powder, light
- 4 tablespoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons instant beef bouillon (crushed)
- 24 ounces Old Milwaukee beer
- 2 cups water
- 4 lbs extra lean chuck, chili grind
- 2 lbs extra lean pork, chili grind
- 1 lb extra lean chuck, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Wesson Oil or 1/2 cup kidney suet
- 1 teaspoon mole poblano chile
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon louisiana red hot sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon masa harina flour
- In a large pot, add paprika, oregano, MSG, chili powder, cumin, beef bouillon, beer and 2 cups water. Let simmer.
- In a separate skillet, brown meat in 1 lb. or 1 1/2 lb. batches with Wesson oil or suet. Drain and add to simmering spices. Continue until all meat is done.
- Saute chopped onion and garlic in 1 T. oil or suet. Add to spices and meat mixture. Add water as needed. Simmer 2 hours. Add mole, sugar, coriander seed, hot sauce and tomato sauce. Simmer 45 minute.
- Dissolve masa harina flour in warm water to form a paste. Add to chili. Add salt to taste. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add additional Louisiana Hot Sauce for hotter taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
AND that is the end of this. If the phone doesn't ring? It's me. If you are looking to ask me a question? I'm not here. I won't answer. I do not assure you that the ingredients, amounts or even the directions in any recipe under my two accounts are correct due to the bad directional pointer in the database that is causing problems with the amounts or ingredients. I will also NOT assure you they are correct when the site claims they are fixed. Use at your own risk. They will be correct on my site. End of story. Sigh.. OK IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR JESSIE'S KEY LIME PIE? Google the name. It's all over the net. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not. - Eric Hoffer And no I didn't let the door hit me on the ... on the way to my site at <A HREF="http://chef.philocrates.tripod.com">Philocrate's recipes </A> where at least I can take responsibilty for mistakes in recipes.