Capellini With White Wine Clam Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can flat fillet anchovy, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup clam juice or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can fancy baby clams
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 lb capellini
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- black pepper
- coarse salt
- Cook pasta until almost al dente and drain pasta.
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil, 4 turns of the pan in a slow stream, red pepper flakes, garlic and anchovies. Cook until anchovies melt into the oil.
- Add thyme and wine.
- Reduce wine 1 minute.
- Add clam juice or stock.
- Stir in clams and lemon zest.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss with sauce 2 to 3 minutes, until pasta is al dente and has absorbed some of the sauce and flavor.
- Add parsley, pepper and salt, to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION