Canyon Ranch's Legendary Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by srb1204
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cold
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat cream cheese, cold
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt or 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly coat a baking sheet with canola oil or cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar on low speed with an electric mixer. Add egg yolks and vanilla and mix on low until just combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add to butter mixture and mix by hand until combined. Portion heaping teaspoonfuls (or use a 3/4 ounce scoop) onto baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 7 minutes. Lightly flatten cookies with finger. Rotate baking sheet and bake an additional 3 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">