- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- Wash& scrape freshly dug potatoes and then rinse again thoroughly.
- Use small potatoes that will fit inside wide mouth canning jars (DO NOT USE MAYO JARS).
- Boil them 10 minutes, drain.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt to each quart jar.
- Cover with boiling water and leave 1" head space.
- Adjust caps.
- Process pints 30 minutes, quarts 40 minutes at 10 lbs pressure.
- Recipe on page 40 of the Ball Blue Book canning& freezing guide.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"cooking, crafts, gardening, canning & freezing,sewing,and cooking, cooking, and more cooking are my fav hobbies. People call me little Ms. Martha after Martha Stewart. But it bugs me that she won't get that long, stringy hair out of her face when she is cooking!!"
Join The Conversation
This was so easy and good! I had 5 lb of baking potatoes to use up. I used pint jars. Before adding the potatoes to the jars, I put one chicken bullion cube and 1/2 tsp garlic salt in each then packed in the potatoes and covered with boiling water. One jar didn't take so I was forced to eat it up. It was so good! Potatoes basically were very mushy. Added a little pepper and instant VERY yummy garlic mashed potatoes! With this recipe, no need to ever waste potatoes again! Thanks!