Cannellini Beans With Chorizo, Garlic and Sage
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
For a great side-dish try this bean recipe, flavoured with a tasty combination of chorizo, garlic and fresh sage
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 8 ounces dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 3⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, cubed
- 1 bunch fresh sage, torn into sprigs
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- pecorino cheese, shaved, to serve
- Drain the soaked cannelloni beans and place them in a large saucepan.
- Add in enough cold water to cover the beans and bring to the boil.
- Cook briskly until tender, around 1 hour, topping up with more water as required. Drain the beans, reserving the cooking water.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add in the onion, garlic and chorizo.
- Fry, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add in the beans and sage and pour over enough of the reserved cooking water to just cover the beans.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and cook, stirring often, until the liquid has evaporated, around 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with olive oil. Serve warm with a little grated Pecorino cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION