Canned Peaches Amaretto
photo by Montana Heart Song
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 20 -24 peaches
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 8 cups ice water
- 4 cups orange juice
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 10 cinnamon sticks, broken in pieces
- 1 cup Amaretto
gelatin dessert from juice
- 3⁄4 cup juice, from each jars
- 1 cup carbonated pop 7-up
- 3 ounces knox unflavored gelatin
- In a large stockpot bring about 6 quarts water to boil, drop in peaches for about 2 minutes, with slotted spoon take out and drop into sink of cold water. Peel the skin from the peach with your hands, cut in half,pit,then quarters.
- In another large stockpot have ice water and lemon juice. Place the prepared peaches in the lemon juice water.
- Wash 12 to 14 pint jars. Place in a pan upside down with hot water in the oven at 200 degrees. Make sure seals are also in hot water.
- Combine orange juice, pineapple juice, sugar and cinnamon sticks.Heat and stir so sugar melts and does not burn.Add Amaretto. Drain peaches and add to hot syrup. Cook about five minutes. Hot pack peaches into jars, put one cinnamon stick in each jar. Use a jar funnel to pour syrup into jar.Make sure you leave 1/2 inch head room in the jar. Wipe the rim of each jar clean with a hot sterile cloth.
- Apply lid seal and screwbands. Place in a hot water bath for 20 minutes or use a pressure cooker canner and follow directions for your specific pressure cooker.Take out and cool on a towel covered counter. Keep out of drafts.Make sure each jar is sealed, seal will be dented in when sealed. If not sealed, reprocess.
- Store on a cool dark shelve or in a canning room.About two hours before serving,.
- open the jar,drain the peaches and chill.
- PEACH JUICE GELATIN DESSERT.
- Reserve the cold juice from the jar to measure at least 3/4 cup add water to make 1 cup place in saucepan, add 7-UP, stir in one packet of unflavored gelatin, stir until dissolved, heat and pour into bowl and chill or pour into parfait glasses and chill.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My husband & I built our dream home after our children were raised.We didn't hire a contractor, we pounded every nail and board and shingle on it.I have lots of stories to tell about that adventure. My passion is cooking, my grandchildren and living each day like it were my last. I love to drive the big rigs. I lived all over the world for a time and collected dolls and cookbooks. I write poetry. My other passions are the outdoors, country living, the sunrises and sunsets,to give to others more than I receive as it says in the Bible. As I get older I am less judgemental.I hope I have helped someone each and every day. Every day is an adventure! <br /><br />Event Participation! <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-SueL-FirstPlace.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /></p>