Candy Cane Bath Salts
- Ready In:
- 2 cups epsom salts
- 1⁄2 cup sea salt
- 4 -6 drops peppermint extract
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring
- Place one cup of epsom and 1/4 cup sea salt in a bowl or resealable plastic bag.
- Add 2-3 drops peppermint oil.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a second bowl.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Layer the red and white salts in a clear bottle or jar.
- Tie with a ribbon and some small candy canes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a wonderful idea, that's easy to put together, and looks very pretty. I made for a gift, but also tried it myself. It wasn't very strong smelling, and it wasn't until later I saw another reviewer mention using peppermint *essential oils*. I expect that would probably make a big difference. I'll have to give that a try next time. I put the salts into one of the old fashioned sugar dispensers. I saw it on another recipe and thought it was a great idea. Thanks Tish for a terrific gift idea.