Candied Chipotle Bacon
photo by mommyluvs2cook
- Ready In:
- 6 slices thick-cut hickory smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon southwest chipotle seasoning, mix (Mrs. Dash, Tones, Konriko or homemade)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Arrange slices on baking sheet; bake until almost crisp (8-9 minutes). Drain the drippings from baking sheet and discard.
- In small bowl, combine agave nectar, chipotle seasoning and pepper. Brush bacon with the chipotle mixture; bake until glazed (8-10 minutes).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Girl, oh girl is this good. Made exactly as written but I used the cayenne pepper option and am I ever glad that I did. Sweet, spicy and hot, just the way I like it. Everything shone, it was sweet but you could taste the pork, spices, and heat. I ate all this myself, I am ashame to say. For breakfast, I rolled a Australian Pikelet around the bacon to make a mini sandwich, so tasty. For lunch I made a bacon sandwich on sweet mexican bread with a crisp watermelon salad. It was great in both forms. A tasty treat that has many varied uses. Thank you so much for sharing this treat. Made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Mexico
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!