Candied Brussels Sprouts and Almonds With Amaretto Glaze
Oh so sweet,& nutty, with the slightest kick.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1 1⁄2 cups champagne or 1/2 cup apple juice mixed with one cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup almond liqueur or 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, crushed and toasted
- Steam Brussels sprouts in champagne till tender-crisp about 5 minutes. Remove brussels sprouts leaving the champange in the pot.
- Add honey, Amaretto, and pepper flakes reduce by half.
- Whisk in butter and cornstarch slurry.
- Toss in nuts.
- Toss the cooked Brussels sprouts in the candied nut mixture.
- Season with salt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am SO sorry that I cannot give this a good rating. Between Toolie's recommendation and my knowledge of what a good cook Rita is, I thought this would be a good surprise. However, for me, the combination of the sweet amaretto with the sprouts just did not work. The sauce I felt had no relation to the vegetable--merely served to cover up the taste of the Brussel sprouts, rather than to combine with that taste to create a new whole.Reply
Rita, your delicious recipe was my choice as one of the vegetables served for Easter dinner. We were eleven for dinner. I prepared 33 brussel sprouts, allowing 3 per person, cut in half. The sprouts were large and really solid; nothing was lost. I could not stop "taste-testing". Your photograph is inducement enough, but was it the butter and almond combination; or perhaps the Amaretto, honey and pepper flakes? No, I am sure it was the entire delicious mixture that had people asking for more. Twenty-two thumbs up, Rita.... thank you.Reply
see 3 more